If it’s Thursday it’s time to join B.E.S.T.
B.E.S.T. is a Round Lake Area Community Coalition. Our mission as a coalition of individuals and organizations is to network and collaborate in response to community needs and empower community members to positively impact the Round Lake Area while promoting character-building community wide by Bringing Everyone’s Strengths Together.
We meet on the 2nd Thursday of the month, 8:30am at the Round Lake Beach Cultural and Civic Center. Our upcoming guest speakers are:
· September: Bill Gentes, Lake County Underage Drinking and Drug Prevention Task Force
· October: Gio Gomez, Illinois Healthcare Market Place
· November: TBA
· December: Holiday Party
The B.E.S.T. Radio Hour is on the air LIVE Every Thursday (September – April except holidays) 4pm – 5pm on WRLR 98.3 FM. Kathy Myers produces and co-hosts each week.
1st Thursday of the month her co-host is Doug Williams of Family Services.
2nd Thursday of the month her co-host is Dale Kehr from the University of Illinois Extension.
3rd Thursday of the month her co-host Wendy M. Warden of Avon Township Community Foundation their up coming topics and guest will be:
· September 2013: Health Care for All with Gio Gomez, Illinois Health Care Market Place
· October 2013: Drinking and Drug Use with Bill Gentes, Lake County Underage Drinking and Drug Task Force
· November 2013: Hunger in our Community with Jacqui Hebein, Northern Illinois Food Bank
· December 2013: Crime and the Economy with Mike Nerheim, Lake County States Attorney
4th Thursday of the month her co-host the B.E.S.T. is Judy Armstrong of the Round Lake Area Community.
Join us! On the 2nd Thursday of the month at the Round Lake Beach Cultural and Civic Center for our meeting, every Thursday on WRLR 98.3 to listen to the B.E.S.T. Radio Hour, on our Website to learn about our Committees and more, on Facebook to be in the know about all of the coalition’s events, on Twitter for the latest and greatest, and/or on our Blog to learn about the details of our organization, projects and progress.
www.RLABEST.net www.facebook.com/RLABEST Twitter: @RLA_Best Blog: RLABEST@blogger.com